Monday, April 22, 2013

Athlete Profile: Juli White


Age: 21
Hometown: Beverly Hills, CA
Years Racing Triathlons: 4

Favorite Food: Anything with bananas, I average 3 a day
Pre-Race Music: The original pump up mix that has been circulating on my college team for 6 years
Favorite Movie: The Wedding Singer
Favorite Vacation Spot: Israel
Favorite Sports Team: Lakers
Most Exotic Place Traveled: Morocco

How did you first get involved in Triathlons?
My senior year of high school I dislocated my ankle playing softball. My dad kept telling me that swimming would increase the mobility of my ankle. He had done a couple triathlons so when I got to college I decided to join the triathlon team to meet people, stay in shape, and increase my ankle mobility. My first race was in UC Davis and I’ve been hooked ever since!

What are you most looking forward to at the games this summer?
I am most excited to meet the other athletes, both from the US and abroad.  I can’t wait to share the experience of representing our countries with the US athletes and those from other countries. My favorite part of triathlon is meeting the people and getting to know them because each athlete is so special. I’m sure Israel will be no exception.

Who is someone you look up to, or role model?
I think my mom will always be my top role model, but at the moment I am trying to look up to my friends on my team that recently graduated. its thanks to them that I enjoyed the sport as much as I did and they were constant examples on how to live a balanced life.


If you would like to sponsor Juli, feel free to go to her individual fundraising page by clicking here

No comments:

Post a Comment