Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Athlete Profile: Ryan Krasner


Age: 29
Hometown: San Diego, California
Years Racing Triathlons: 3

Favorite Food: Fish & Sushi
Pre-Race Music: I switch up my pre-race jams, but it's definitely EDM right now
Favorite Movie: Snatch
Favorite Vacation Spot: Los Cabos, Baja Mexico
Favorite Sports Team: San Diego Chargers
Most Exotic Place Traveled: South Africa

How did you first get involved in Triathlons?
I got involved in racing by chance. I was flipping through a health magazine and saw an advertisement for a race! It didn't seem too difficult, so I signed up for my first sprint distance and was hooked. I joined a great local training team, Breakaway Training, to get faster, stronger, and more involved with triathlon in general. I haven't looked back since!

What are you most looking forward to at the games this summer?
I'm very excited for the open ceremony. About 12 years ago, I was a spectator watching my father represent the USA for tennis, the experience as a spectator was very memorable, and I remember saying to my father, that one day I'll get to experience the games as an athlete.

Who is someone you look up to, or role model?
My ultimate role model(s) have to be my parents. They are the most genuine & hard working individuals that I know. I would never be the man I am today without their guidance,generosity, and love. They are a constant reminder for me, that if you put in the hard work, you will achieve success. I am forever great full to have them as my role models, and ultimately as my parents.

If you would like to sponsor Ryan, feel free to go to his individual fundraising page by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment