Monday, April 29, 2013

Athlete Profile: Tom Wassermann


Age: 18
Hometown: Fair Lawn,  NJ
Years racing: 1

Favorite Food: Pretzels... either the ones you buy in NYC or at the mall. Buy me a pretzel and I'll do anything for you.
Favorite Movie: You Don't Mess With the Zohan
Favorite TV Show: The Big Bang Theory
Most exotic place traveled: Costa Rica
Special Pre-Race/Pump up song: Lose Yourself - Eminem


How did you get involved in triathlons?
I probably played around 10 different sports competitively my whole life, so I am very versatile when it comes to athletic competitions. I first heard of a triathlon when I saw an Ironman on T.V a few years ago. I was pretty intimidated at first, it seemed like a long and torturous event that in which you only suffered. I couldn't understand why some people would sign up for something like that, or even make a profession out of it. After some learning what a triathlon was and that there were shorter distances and that there was an actual method to train for it, I decided to give it a shot. While I definitely suffered in some forms, I enjoyed the experience and continued to train and race.

What are you most looking forward to at the games this summer?
This summer I am definitely looking forward to representing the U.S in my first international competition. I am very excited and can't wait to meet great athletes from all around the world. It should be a great experience filled with many memories.

Role Model/someone you look up to and why?
My parents without a doubt. They are always working so hard, even when they think that I don't see it, they are still working. They have always believed in me and helped pushed me beyond reality to help me succeed. They have helped pave the path called success and I definitely would not be here if it wasn't for them. I owe everything to them and I love them so much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment